- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Maroochydore, Queensland
- Product code: P0DYQD
Our River Safari is the Sunshine Coast's premium JetSki experience bringing together the freedom of riding your own JetSki and getting lost in nature’s sheer beauty, this is The Ultimate Experience.
If you’d like to truly experience the Sunshine Coast our River Safari is perfect for you as we explore the heart of the Sunshine Coast – the pristine Maroochy River. During this 80km Safari we explore the entire Maroochy river as we venture into areas that few are lucky to experience.
We set off from our office located on the inside of Chambers island and make our way up river passing Bli Bli and through the thrilling twists and turns of the upper river as we past Coolum Creek, Dunithen Rock, Browns Rock and all the way to the fork of Yandina, where we find ourselves nestled in the foothills of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. As we make our way up river, you will enjoy the serene beauty of the extensive mangroves with an abundance of fish and bird life as well as the spectacular views of Mount Coolum and Mount Ninderry.
From Yandina we make our way down river and venture into the untouched waterways of Coolum Creek where some of our resident birds of prey frequently nest. As we depart Coolum Creek we then make our way to the pristine mouth of the Maroochy River passing all the islands dotted along the river. Once at the mouth, it's a wonderful spot to take in the views of Northshore and all the way to Cotton Tree, Maroochydore & Mooloolaba to the south. From the mouth, we continue up stream weaving our way back to our office on the inside of Chambers Island.
What you can expect to see, but not limited to:
- Birds of prey, including White Bellied Sea Eagle, Black Kite and Ospreys
- Vast array of native birds
- Variety of marine life, including various fish species and eagle and bull rays, often found in schools towards the river mouth
- Pristine mangroves and surrounding mountains
- Your own late model Yamaha High Output VX Waver Runner
- PFD (lifejacket)
- Full instructional & safety briefing prior to tour departure
- Wetsuit top
- Sunglass straps
- Bathers/ appropriate clothing
- Waterproof camera that is attached to you (e.g. Go pro with wrist strap). Please note your camera must not inhibit your ability to operate JetSki
- Drivers Licence/ Passport (essential for paperwork prior to tour)